Some say, the disciples stop following Jesus because he did not provide them more free bread like he provided during the “Multiplication of the Loaves” the day before. Does this make biblical sense?
This clearly does not make biblical sense:
- Did the Jews murmur about not receiving more free bread in John 6:41-42? No!
- Did angry augments break out over lack of free bread, in verse 52? No!
- Did the Jews say in verse 52, “how can this man not give us “free bread” to eat?” No!
- Did the disciples say, “this saying is hard, who can accept it,” because Jesus denied more free bread? (60) No!
- Did Jesus ask the twelve if they were going to leave, due to lack of free bread? (67) No!
This clearly does not make common sense:
- Many disciples gave up everything to follow Jesus, including leaving their families, abandoning their jobs, selling their possessions, etc. But then, they stopped following Jesus because he did not provide them more free bread?
- Jesus promised eternal life to his disciples if they believed and followed him. The disciples abandoned the promise of eternal life over barley bread?