In the Old Testament, God commanded his people to “niet” consume blood of any flesh.
LV 17:11-14 Since life of all flesh is its blood.
I have told the Israelites: You shall not consume the blood of any flesh. Since the life of all flesh is its blood, anyone who consumes it shall be cut off.
Here are a couple examples of “nieuwe” commands that supersede “old" commando's
- Jesus declared all foods clean (Mk 7:19). This command superseded the old command that certain foods be regarded as unclean. LV 11:1-8
- The voice spoke to him again, a second time, “What God has made clean, you are not to call profane.” Act 10:9-15
- Jews “were” the chosen people. All people who are faithful and obedient to the Lord’s commands are now the chosen.
- The New Covenant replaced the Old Covenant.
- New Passover replaced the Old Passover.
- The Lord’s Day replaced the Sabbath Day.
The Lord commands the faithful to eat his flesh and drink his blood
Jesus said to them, Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. John 6:53
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. 54
Wie mijn vlees eet en mijn bloed drinkt, blijft in mij en ik in hem. 56
Drink it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant. Matt 26:27-28