- In verses just before verse 62, Jesus said SEVEN TIMES to eat his flesh and that his literal flesh is bread. 50, 51, 53, 54, 56, 57 & 58
- Jesus said THREE TIMES to drink his blood. 53, 54, 56
- 9 TIMES eternal life is mentioned in the Bread of Life Discourse.
- The Jews took Jesus’ words literally, “how can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 52
- Angry arguments broke out in the crowd. 52
- Jesus gave the crowd an ultimatum. “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.” 53
- The disciples could not comprehend how bread can become his flesh. They said, “this saying is hard, who can accept it.” 60
- In verse 62, Jesus is saying that it is incomprehensible for the human mind; it requires FAITH