In the Old Testament, God commanded his people to “不” consume blood of any flesh.
LV 17:11-14 Since life of all flesh is its blood.
I have told the Israelites: You shall not consume the blood of any flesh. Since the life of all flesh is its blood, anyone who consumes it shall be cut off.
Here are a couple examples of “新” commands that supersede “old"命令
- Jesus declared all foods clean (Mk 7:19). This command superseded the old command that certain foods be regarded as unclean. LV 11:1-8
- The voice spoke to him again, a second time, “What God has made clean, you are not to call profane.” Act 10:9-15
- Jews “were” the chosen people. All people who are faithful and obedient to the Lord’s commands are now the chosen.
- The New Covenant replaced the Old Covenant.
- New Passover replaced the Old Passover.
- The Lord’s Day replaced the Sabbath Day.
The Lord commands the faithful to eat his flesh and drink his blood
Jesus said to them, Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. John 6:53
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. 54
Drink it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant. Matt 26:27-28